Let's get this going – Tell a crazy Birmingham Party Story. GO!

Home Forums AlaRaves 5.0 Let's get this going – Tell a crazy Birmingham Party Story. GO!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  emceeE 1 year ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Paul Swytch
    Paul Swytch
    Keymaster

I’ve got a complete shipping container full of stories but I wanted to open the floor. They could be what happened to you last week or 20 years ago – GO!

Core
    Core
    Participant

Okay… March 16, 2008. DJ Lord played a gig in B’ham the night before. Myself, Swytch, and 2sense picked him up to bring him over to my house for the first Trill-B-Q. We had the kegerator loaded with bud light, and tons of hot dogs and hamburgers… we got some salmon for Lord. Procon brought over the turbosound rig and the decks. We set up my computer next to the rig to do a broadcast on dubstepfm. I think I started the party by chugging a bottle of wine. Crazy amounts of smoke flying around the back yard. 2sense drinking beer wild style and running the chatroom for dubstepfm HAMMERED. Tons of crazy people hanging out having a blast. Swytch and Lord closed out the broadcast tag teaming some Trill biz. Good times.

HeadyChevy
    HeadyChevy
    Participant

Once, I had a big after-party after a Sloss show. I come out of my bathroom and walked smack into my buddy holding a messenger bag and asking if he can use my kitchen sink. “Sure” I said.
    My homie had scooped up like 20 tiny turtles from behind Sloss and promptly deposited them into my sink. People were playing with turtles all night.
    But then ol dude just left the turtles there. Yeah. I gave some away and released the others back into the wilderness (sort of.)
    I still have sink-turtle-party pics somewhere.

Paul Swytch
    Paul Swytch
    Keymaster

Ha. That was one hell of a night. The first TRiLLBQ on the east coast. Those Dubstep.Fm show/parties were always crazy, can’t believe that we pulled that off in Chelsea… With a Turbo Sound RIG!!! HAHA. @PROCON Never Scared.

Core
    Core
    Participant

Sometime in the fall of 2003… Surge. The event that 2sense and I did once a month at Assagio’s (massage yer hoes). El Hornet from Pendulum was on tour and we got him booked. Ralph brought his homemade bassbins and the rest of the Harmony sound system (quite a bit of it, anyway). Janet was slinging jello shots as always, and Art jumped us because the bass was so loud glasses were getting shook off the bar. I had just sold my Tascam DAT recorder to Ralph, but he agreed to let us use it to record the set. I remember handing out CDs of the performance to something like the first 20 people through the door for our next event that I think was the one where we had Infiltrata… or was it Ras and Raiden? Too long ago. Good times. haha I think that set made it to the internet somewhere. I need to look for it.

Core
    Core
    Participant

You remember the “Happy Times” clips 2sense and I recorded for you and Claw to play for the Trill broadcasts, Swytch? Are those even still around? Us + tons of beer has always had interesting results. Beer wars in D’s home studio around Thanksgiving 2008 after we came back from ATL drinking Heineken out of the mini-keg the whole way? dang. “Ain’t got no couch tonight”

Core
    Core
    Participant

That was the night Claw and I burnt the shit out of the biscuit in the microwave trying to dry the ketchup on it so we could use it as the #5 paint option on the dining room wall. I remember hearing Rachel coming out of the bedroom and screaming at Claw, “RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!!”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Core Core.
    DJInubito
    DJInubito
    Participant

I don’t have a real crazy story, but I find it awesome that one of my very first parties (DJ Irene @ Sloss), I ended up listening to Tryptone’s set and then like 10 years later I finally really met the dude. Actually, that’s probably the case for a lot of people on this forum.

emceeE
    Participant

Hey, so Sloss w/ DJ Irene was my first rave too and I remember this forum back in teh daay

I was wondering if anyone still has the DJ line up from that night. I forget. But the night was amazeballz

I was 15 years old at the time and my girl and I popped the giant vagina (bouncy house) by accident from jumping around with other random people.

Still do this day my favorite venue for a rave-like party.

I would also like the line-up for the freakshow that shut down a small slice of birmingham… and to the really hot lady holding a snake who gave me a back massage… cheers to those good old times guys!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.